Labour Relations Services
The Public Service Labour Relations and Employment Board (PSLREB) provides a wide range of adjudication services. These services fall into three main areas:
Grievances (individual, group or policy)
- interpretation of collective agreements and arbitral awards;
- disciplinary action resulting in termination, demotion, suspension or financial penalty;
- demotion or termination for unsatisfactory performance or for any other non-disciplinary reasons; and
- deployment without an employee's consent.
- unfair labour practices; and
- reprisal actions taken for raising an issue under Part II of the Canada Labour Code.
- certification and revocation of certification;
- determination of successor rights;
- determination of managerial or confidential positions;
- review of prior PSLREB decisions; and
- requests for extensions of time to present grievances or to refer grievances to adjudication.
For information on services available to help you resolve a workplace issue or dispute without a hearing, please see Mediation Services.
The PSLREB's Policy on Openness and Privacy explains why information filed with the PSLREB is generally available to the public and why it could be reported in a decision posted on the PSLREB website and distributed to publishers. To access summaries of and full-text PSLREB decisions, please visit Decisions.
The PSLREB's Registry Operations and Policy team is the main day-to-day point of contact for parties involved in grievances, complaints and applications. Employees are dedicated to providing respectful, efficient, courteous and timely service to all clients.